The Next Garage Door Opener Evolution
Faster. Stronger. Brighter. More Secure
The all new SOMMER evo+ garage door opener is a class of its own.
The intelligent carriage provides plenty of room for installing sophisticated garage door opener accessories.
Direct Drive Technology
Only One Moving Part
Extremely durable and long lasting due to only one moving part.
The motor is located at the door instead of the back of the opener, maximizing power and minimizing wear and tear.
Extremely quiet garage door opener with virtually no vibrations.
Perfect for homes with living spaces above or near the garage.
- Advanced object and force detection system
- Automatic locking and counter pressure in case of an attempted break-in
- Very secure 128 bit encryption radio technology (rolling code)
- Emergency release can be locked or unlocked in any position
- Optional battery backup for emergency operation in the event of a power failure
- Optional locking magnet for motor, locks in any position
- Rail is long enough for 8ft. tall doors
- Easy shortening or lengthening of the track possible (3ft. extension set # 10460V000)
- Removable carriage without track disassembly
- Countless ad on accessories e.g. Memo transmitter memory, Senso humidity sensor, Lock locking magnet, Lumi evo+ additional LED lighting, buzzer …
Motor and controller
Continuous duty rated DC Motor with controller, producing a powerful soft start/soft stop output of 650 Newtons of force to drive commercial sectional doors while reducing mechanical impacts that cause premature wear
of door components.
NEMA 4X rated controller case
ZAP Controllers and push buttons are NEMA 4X compliant as a standard.
Worm drive gearbox & V-belt reduction drive with floor level, adjustable belt tensioning /emergency release lever.
C2 (factory default), B2 failsafe is standard with the addition of approved photo eye.
Radio control and external receiver terminals
Terminal strip provided inside the controller to provide quick, convenient connections for adding external radio control receivers from any desired manufacturer.
Bearings and belts
Drive systems use industrial grade bearings and automotive grade long life v-belts. Our simplistic service design concept allows simple service of components in a matter of moments.
Heavy-duty 8-gauge electro-plate finish steel frame, industrial bearings, worm drive gear box, aluminum drive pulley, secured with key stock and setscrew for simple servicing.
Push button station
Control unit acts as the standard 3-button station for open/close/stop functions. Controller may mounted remotely up to 24 feet away from the operator, provided it is to be wired with other external control devices that are designed to function as the primary door controls. Power supply is wired directly to the controller not the motor. Low voltage motor cable is supplied for easy wiring.