(source/photo credit: burbankfire.us)
The leading cause of garage fires is electrical malfunction. Prevent home garage fires by following these tips!
1. Store oil, gasoline, paints, propane and varnishes in a shed away from your home or an approved flammable liquids storage cabinet.
2. Keep items that can burn on shelves away from appliances.
3. Avoid storage of combustibles near water heaters.
4. Plug only one charging appliance into an outlet.
5. Don’t use an extension cord when charging an appliance.
6. Install a heat alarm (not a smoke alarm) in your garage. The heat alarm will sound if the temperature rises too high. Heat alarms are another useful part of any home fire detection system.